Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wrist Warmers and Fair Isle Knitting

Over winter this year I made several pairs of wrist warmers.
A pair for a friend of mine.
Some for my mum. And a pair for me from some beautiful hand spun alpaca yarn I got at last years Alice Springs beanie festival. This winter I also experimented with some fair isle knitting. I love this yellow beanie, but I need to make it again. It is too small for my head because I didn't follow the pattern. I did not change the needle size during the fair isle stage. I will defiantly make it again, but follow the pattern properly next time.
The other fair isle knitting I did was this heart beanie and wrist warmers. I made up set to enter the spotlight knitting competition. I must write up the pattern properly so I can make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment